Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

WHAT NEXT?

Posted by Anonymous on November 10, 2001 at 11:28:00:

Thanks to all that have been educating me on the processes (legal) for my thread dated 11/3. Police harassment complaint filed and this past week, the detailed account of psycho LL behavior has also been sent to NYDHCR.

In sum -- landlord has been acting very strange for past month. Claims that people are out to get him...and someone has been entering his house (while he is at home and sometimes out), and leaving him "signals", in which he creates / responds irrationally to neighborhood folk (rear adjoining neighbor, construction crews in the area, and most recently me). As a result of his paranoid behavior (and on behalf -- by request of his wife {was friend} -- I communicated to him that he has been acting strangely -- BIG MISTAKE ON MY PART GETTING CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR DOMESTIC ISSUE), I have become the target of his dillusions.

Harassment has been threatening "revenge", following me in and out of apartment -- exterior, accusing me of cutting holes in ceiling and crawling into attic, turning water off, and destroying property outside of apartment. FYI...is does take medication and also smokes marijuana to calm nerves, which without a doubt is causing his irrational behavior.

My QUESTION is, since I am following what I need to do for physical protection...what comes next.

E.g. He has served me with 30 day notice (financially i am unable to vacate any time soon), I am current with my rent and will remain current (I am by the book sort of person)...but if I do not vacate (again financially unable), what is likely to happen? Can anyone prepare me for what is to come?

I have talked to my mother, my father's friend(s), as well as real estate people, and local friends in the neighborhood...they have all said "f__k him, dont pay"...but my point or stance in all this...is I have done ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong!! So if HE gets more hostile...and files eviction proceedings...what are my options (not being financially able to leave)?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name