Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

postal money orders

Posted by Carol Bryant on November 21, 2001 at 08:06:35:

I submitted to the Postal Service a form to trace eight money orders to prove payment in a housing court case. Six of the money orders were replaced and deemed not cashed by the postal service. After I paid all monies owed via a court stipulation-four of the money orders were cashed. I have contacted the postal service because I believe (and othets should complained also) that once a so call trace is submitted for verification then if the original money order is cashed by the intended party then the postal service should go after the whoever cashed the original money order not the person who submitted the trace.

Be aware that if you submit a form to trace a monney order-the post office has written in fine print that you agree to pay if the original money order is cashed. This policy must changed. I am currently in contact with the money order division to register my strong protest and intend to proceed further.

I appreciate any information, similar experiences or anyone interested in organizing a mass protest to the postal system regarding this policy.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name