Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

JJ: one more Question Re: Court

Posted by Lynn on November 21, 2001 at 19:37:19:

In Reply to: Re: Court Question re can't pay rent posted by JJ on November 20, 2001 at 23:23:11:

JJ: Thanks for the information - I've never been in this situation before. I will appear in court; I don't have an attorney, and the landlord, I know, will not agree to a payment plan and allow me to continue in the residence. I was laid off from my job and while not directly effected by the WTC event, it has made it very difficult to find a new one. I've been promised a position with a new company, but they are not setting up in the City until January!! Even after vacating, I intend to pay every penny of what I owe in monthly installments so not to have an outstanding judgment.

So, I lose. Therefore, aren't I still dealing with the same scenario? 72 hr/5 day notice; judgment; credit report; blacklisting? Would I receive the 72 hr vacate order that day in court even though I showed up? I was informed by someone else that my schedule of appearance is so the attys can make a stipulated agreement and if we can't agree then I return another day for a trial. A trial?? If I agree to something and do not adhere to it then I must return for Order to Show Cause? This is all confusing and I cannot get answers from the court clerks.

I appreciate your response.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name