Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: BayRidge Brooklyn Condo - parking spaces too small???

Posted by Steve on November 24, 2001 at 22:34:04:

In Reply to: BayRidge Brooklyn Condo - parking spaces too small??? posted by Gene Mishkevich on November 17, 2001 at 13:36:57:

Parking codes are distributed among several agencies. I would probably check first with DOT to make sure the spaces are even legal. Just beware: there's a huge number of illegal curb cuts and fire violation parking areas in Bay Ridge. You could be opening a can of worms because even some developers have illegally installed curb cuts.

Bay Ridge definitely needs to clean up its parking situation. On-street parking was intended for the single-family homes in the area and these homely apartment buildings being erected at the expense of historic homes has pushed the parking situation here to the max. We need to adopt building codes similar to that in other cities, where developers are required to provide legal, off-street parking for every apartment in building. I think LA and northern VA require two parking spaces per unit.

: Hi, does anyone out there know of a code which speaks of minimum requirements for garage and off-street (back yard) parking spaces.. I just moved into a new condo in BayRidge brooklyn and I think the spaces are extremely small.. I tried searching online and came up with nothing..

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name