Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Still big gray area

Posted by MikeW on November 27, 2001 at 12:26:30:

In Reply to: NYC Administrative Code Section 27-7075(c) posted by Wilma on November 27, 2001 at 09:41:54:

I think this is part of the roommate overcharge issue that came up with the new DHRC code. I don't think any of this has been resolved in court.

I would talk to a lawyer, but refuse to return the affidavit. If the LL refuses to do the lease renewal, have the lawyer write the LL a letter reminding him that you are still a stabilized tenant, and have a right to a renewal, and the DHRC code didn't authorize the LL to demand any affidavits from his tenants.

BTW, you might want to coordinate this with other tenants. They're all probably going through the same thing.

: I live in a rent-stabalized apartment building in Manhattan. My landlord has included an affidavit for me to complete and have notarized with my renewal lease form, asking me to identify all adults residing within my apartment. They say this is in accordance with NYC Administrative Code, Section 27-7075(c). What is the purpose of having tenants complete this affidavit? Will it prevent me from having someone move in with me, after the lease commences? Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name