Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

FOLLOW UP: Are rents "on record"?

Posted by Johnny Quest on November 28, 2001 at 14:42:24:

In Reply to: Re: Treble the overcharge...? posted by Lilly on November 28, 2001 at 14:20:00:

": And $10,000 will go to the lawyer"

Well, that leaves roughly eight grand back to me. The point is, I need to know how I can go about getting official confirmation of what the actual rent was so that I can tell this guy in a polite and civilized manner that he can perch...

That he's lucky I don't go after him for the overcharge, etc., etc., as I'm a karmic fellow who just wants to abide by "what's fair is fair" and if I can definitively prove he was ripping me off, well, I'd sleep better. Right now, though, all I have is what I saw on a document I summarily sent off, so before I go screaming bloody murder (or, in this case, casually discussing bloody murder), I'd like verification.

Are rents "on record" somewhere that I can access directly or do I need to contact his old landlord or lawyer (and if the lawyer, would that be considered "privileged" info, even though I was the one who found the lawyer to begin with and was--for a brief, aborted time--one of the co-plaintives, if only as "John Doe")?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name