Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: URGENTLY NEED coop conversion LAWYER

Posted by EZT on November 28, 2001 at 19:18:17:

In Reply to: URGENTLY NEED OLD CITY RENT LAW EXPERT LAWYER posted by LEE on November 28, 2001 at 08:15:05:

: after 3 decades of having auxiliary space in my building (separate from my apartment) which the landlords always conceded was rent controlled auxiliary residential space, the new coop board management (i am a senior citizen non-purchasing rent controlled tenant in a non-evict coop) has started eviction poroceedings claiming that one cannot establish rent control merely by agreement.

: i need someone who was an expert under the old city rent laws, where the identical issue came up with separtate maids rooms being subject to control with the apartments they were assigned to. my old expert lawyer who always told me it was open and shut died without leaving any indication of how to defend against this attack. any suggestions greatly appreciated!

1: call your deceased lawyer's office and get a referral.

2. call one of the tenant-only lawyers who advertise here on Tenant.Net

3. go to the Housing Court section on Tenant.Net and try to research that maids' rooms' case.....

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name