Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

help..need to resign lease..many questions....long island ny

Posted by stacy on December 02, 2001 at 01:04:33:

I have rented a house that has two apts..there are four people in back and myself and wife in front..the landlord has us paying half the utilites..elec.oil.water..is that fare??? also the elect and oil are in the back tenants name..and they dont pay there half all the time.is this illegal that it is not in the landlords name and shouldnt he send us a bill? He has informed me on a scrap of paper my rent increase how much is he allowed to raise our rent? and i have asked him for a lease for three months now..he still has not written one out, what do i do when our old lease runs out ??? do I pay the old amount or new??? Dont I need to sign a lease first, before paying any increase..we live in nassau county long island new york thank you.ps. we rented a house with a fireplace..we do not have glass on either side of it..isnt his responability to put the fireplace in working order? this fireplace cannot be used without the glass...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name