Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Evil Realtors...Can someone help?

Posted by Blue Zephyr on December 04, 2001 at 23:54:38:

In Reply to: Evil Realtors...Can someone help? posted by Eric Smithfield on December 03, 2001 at 10:12:37:

Sorry you had a bad experience with realtors. Now, please learn from your mistakes so you don't make them again. A few weeks after you sing a lease is no time to realize that the rent is "over your head". And if your concerned about the utility bills, ask to see them.

Assigning the lease is basically surrending the lease and apartment to someone else, who them assumes the rent payments for the duration of the lease.

If you want to get out of the lease, then present your case calmly and rationally to the LL. Be flexible about allowing him to show your apartment. You are responsible for the rent until he finds a new tenant.

: Hello. If you can give me a solution it would be much appreciated.

: Got a new job in Richmond, Va Aug. Needed a place to live. Negotiated deal with evil realtor/landlor to move in Nov. During this time was lied to about cost of utilites being less than they were. Signed the lease Sep. 12. Realized after getting my first check that 825 a month is over my head. Called at 7 the very next morning lease was signed. Asked to be escused from lease. Nasty call back stating I signed a legal Binding Contract, Duh. Wanted much money I couldn't afford to get out so I said no and decided to suffer and try and make ends meet. Got into the place and found out cats had been living there prior when allergies arose. I am allergice to cats. Realtor cleaned carpets. Problem still there. The carport was paved curb left high they wouldn't fix it. Floors squeak so bad quite enjoyment ruined. They wouldn't fix, "under any circumstances" in their words. Sarcastic letter sent to me basically saying I'm stupid and don't know how to work a broken dryer. Signed contract by all parties never sent. Say I can't assign the property? (by the way what is assigning) Would like to be rid of this burden and rip off. It is affecting my job life and wife. What should I do????

: Thanks,
: The conned Tenant,
: Eric S.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name