Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Right to Cover windows for winter? use common sense

Posted by K Jones on December 05, 2001 at 02:48:30:

In Reply to: Re: Right to Cover windows for winter? use common sense posted by Blue Zephyr on December 04, 2001 at 21:23:30:

Actually I do not live in a home, it is an apartment complex outside of Saratoga. I do not think that common sence is the actual issue here at all. I used that when applying the plastic, the cheap shades you reffer to do not block out all of the light. This is not a particularly well travelled area, nor is it all that attractive to begin with. Not that I am not considerate of my neighbors, or even my landlord, but I don't really feel that curb appeal means anything to me in trying to insulate for the winter. I am willing to apply clear plastic as I was going to do on the rest of the windows, but I need to know my rights first. I did not post here for judgement of any social issues, or to seem an unreasonably disgruntled tenant. I just want to know my rights here, as to deal with it reasonably and legally. Thank you for your judgement though, but does anybody have any knowledge for me?

: I assue you are renting a typical suburban home in near Saratoga Springs, NY. A home with windows covered in black plastic is a downright eyesore, especially compared to its neighbors. Sure black plastic will keep the sunlight out ... but so would a simple pull down shade for $5.99 at K-Mart. This is one case that you may have the "right" to do something, but this should be tempered by common sense with an eye towards maintaining an attractive appearance of your house (I assume you have visitors - or neighbors!)

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name