Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: What are my rights?

Posted by Edward on December 13, 2001 at 18:38:48:

In Reply to: What are my rights? posted by Warbaby on December 13, 2001 at 18:27:29:

Ouch getting evicted by your own father that must hurt.Were you close to your Grandmother? Why didn't she will the house to you since you obviously could use it more?I'm not a lawyer but if he's the legal owner and you don't have a lease he only has to give you 30 day notice and you have to leave. At any rate I hope you work the situation out with your family especially during this time of the year.

: My landlady passed away in August, her son was willed the property (which is a 2 family house in Queens). I was called Monday, December 10, 2001, by the son who lives in another state, and told to leave the property by January because he is coming to sell the house. I have no lease. I have lived in the home for 11 years (w/2 children) and was told I could stay in the home until I find a place. I have been responsible for paying all bills and upkeep for the home since August. Heres the catch, the landlady was my grandmother, and the son is my father. For 11 yrs. I have paid rent (not much) but have no proof. What are my rights?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name