Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Urgent!How to settle this dispute?

Posted by Peter on December 19, 2001 at 14:32:24:

My LL filed "eviction action" against me .Once I received the file,I paid rent to LL immediately.He want me to pay late fee,attorney fee,but I don't think that I did anything wrong.My LL made a mistake in managing my account,as I found that he put my name on the bill to another apartment which costs more money,at the meantime I didn't receive the rent bill to my apartment.This incident just happened in the first month when I just moved into my apt. I went to the office of apt.manager at Nov.1.After I told her about the billing problem and asked her how to pay the rent for Nov.,she just said that this problem would be fixed soon and I would receive the new bill next month.As she didn't want me to pay the rent at all, I then waited for the new bill sending to me. However I only received the "eviction action" later.I do think that my LL should take the responsibilty to keep reliable information in his computer system,otherwise his tenant may lose money as his LL may deposit his payment into wrong account.
After one month I reported the billing problem,my LL made the same mistake again!
Please give me some suggestions.
Did I do anything wrong in this dispute?
Will I lose if I went to court hearing?
Do I need to pay Attorney fee and late fee?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name