Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilized Apartment

Posted by DiscoStu on December 23, 2001 at 15:00:22:

In Reply to: Rent Stabilized Apartment posted by Inquiry on December 23, 2001 at 13:25:34:

Normally I would say, Of couse a landlord would be happy to let you out of a rent stabilized lease, especially if he can de-regulate it, but Where do you live?. It you live downtown and by downtown I mean by the financial dirstict, then thats a different story, especially since you pay a pretty high rent. The landlord will have to put some work in to the place to raise the rent. he would probaly want to raise it up to $2500-$3000 a month. Which means he has to put some good amount of cash into the apt. He can raise the rent 1/40 for every dollar he puts in (sounds right gang?). Right now downtown apts are not renting so easily, everyone wants out. Last week the times said Manhattan rents are down 15-40%. The 40% probaly downtown. So again it all depends on where you live. Just one more thing. I'm no lawer or expert, but I read this board a lot so maybe som others can chime in as well. Also if your new to this board there may be a few posters who appear to be rude, their not, their clear and to the point and always give the BEST information and straight answers.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name