Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rental payments - read your lease

Posted by Blue Zephyr on December 31, 2001 at 01:21:57:

In Reply to: rental payments posted by Tom on December 28, 2001 at 15:52:38:

: I am curious as to how to calculate the rent for 1 full year 52 weeks.... the way i see it i am getting screwed out of a months rent.
: anyway you look at it if i pay my rent every month or meaning every 4 weeks 4 goes into 52 13 times... not bad for a 12 month year and i am familiar with the 4.3 method but how can i fix things so we all come out even??? Thanks TOM Rochester NY

I am curious as to why you have such concerns. If you pay rent by the week, then obviously your annual rent would be equal to 52 times the weekly rent. If you pay rent by the month, then multiply the monthly rent times 12 for the annual rent. Most leases I've seen show both the monthly and annual rent on the first page.

I've never heard of anyone paying rent every four weeks. I guess anything is possible, if both landlord and tenant agree to it ... but doing so could get rather confusing. Why not insist on a monthly lease, like everyone else has.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name