Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

30 day notice- What can I do?Help

Posted by Dion on January 07, 2002 at 03:34:10:

Help
I recently received a thirty day notice to quit and vacate my current place that I'm renting.
My wife and I where served this notice forty minutes after she had called and asked for the phone number of the mobilehome ombudsman. He kept asking her if she was starting trouble........
At the same time he handed us a notice to inspect my house that i'm renting the day after christmas.
On the sameday of the notices I was able to retrive a letter of refference of the female landlord. Upon picking this letter up she told me "that my wife should now better than to imtimidate the male landlord"
On Dec 26 they came to do there 2 hour inspection. They asked me if they could come in? I said "no" then asked what is your reasoning for the 2 hour inspection. they replied with to look at repairs. I said that you cannot look at repairs 3 months after the fact according to the tenant right book. Aftre numerous thraets and them upsetting my five present children I was able to close the door.
Five minutes surpassed and the female landlord was at the door. She asked to see the rental contract. I provided it to her. She then said I have a perspective buyer. I man that is a tenant of theres came in the house and stated to me that "he did not want to do this" She then said in an angered voice "I need to come in to show him the house!"
the guy stopped and started watching tv. The female landlord started looking at the repairs done in the living room and then the walls. I asked her what she was doing? She said "oh I'm showing the house"
She then motioned for the guy to come along and I followed. When she was so called showing one of the rooms he was not in view of the room he was in the living room looking at the ceiling.
At that point I told both of them to get out because she was not showing the house to a perspective buyer.
I live in nothern California
What Can I do?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name