Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

NYCHA is hard headed about giving out HEAT !!!!!!

Posted by NyLydia on January 07, 2002 at 15:12:26:

I can speak for a lot of the tenants here in the Hammel Houses.
You tell use to make a record of the times and dates we do not
get any heat,to complain, to let the Landlord know about it, and
all kinds of things to try to correct this life threatening situation
but you want to know something...it all goes in one ear and out the other...Nothing is ever done to solve this situation so we remain in
our apartments with very cold hands and feet and freeze.Take Notice if you go into the Management Office in the HAMMELS it is ALWAYS toasty warm and when you tell them about the
no heat situation...all you get is someone grinning about it in your face.
They will always get away with this no matter what we all do.Seems to me that they need a CLASS ACT LAW SUITE brought against them and we need
all of the MONEY given back to us we pay each and every year for HEAT that we NEVER receive!!

We are living in what is called "COLD FLATS" Not "HEATED APARTMENTS" as they are ADVERTISED as being.This is a case of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT for sure.I am at the end of my rope with this nonsense they pull on us every year.We are humans suffering from the cold drafty apartments and no one really cares do they??

Come to the Hammel House Apartments in Far Rockaway by the Cold Ocean on each side of this peninsula and stay one night in these projects and see if you don't freeze your fanny off,you would be shocked to find out that everything I have written here is GENUINELY the truth.

Someone help us, or get us the help we need cause doing what you asked us to do does not work with the Hammels they simply will not and do not give us heat in the winter what so ever.If you get any you get a very slim amount of it for about 5 minutes early in the morning once every
two or three weeks and I am NOT OVER EXAGERATING when I say this and I care nothing about the Hammel House Management seeing this as it is the truth.Come here and randomly ask any tenant if they get any heat or about the heat problem they are induring.Again like I said the Management Office is always TOASTY WARM !!!! Why can't we have the same kind of HEAT in our APARTMENTS as they have in that OFFICE???? WHY???

Any help you can give us will greatly be appreciated by all I am sure.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name