Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: about a 30 day notice

Posted by Cranky Tenant on January 11, 2002 at 05:06:07:

In Reply to: Re: about a 30 day notice posted by Dee on January 08, 2002 at 08:33:14:

Find out when the LL would like to show the apartment and see how that fits into your schedule. Half an hour per week isn't much, especially if prospective renters show up late. On the other hand, as long as you're paying rent, you're entitled to your privacy and the ability to "enjoy" your apartment.

Just make sure the LL doesn't intend to hold an "open house" with a crowd o people trasping throught the apartment all at once. That's a risk you run if you limit him to half an hour per week.

: : : : I gave 30 day notice I would be moving, my question is, the landlord wants to show apartment, while I am still living in it, is this allowed, if so how does it work
: : : : can I say the day and only a certain time will it be allowed ?
: : : From my past experience, they can show it, but they need to give you 24 hours notice. I'd hide my "nicer" things if I were you, though. You never know!

: : ok but what I am asking, I told them wednsday is ok but I told them between 5:30 pm and not after 6:00 pm.they are saying that is not how it works, do they have the right to show it more then what I say to them ?
: I used my real name above, sorry to confuse anyone Diane is me.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name