Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

a young renter in georgia

Posted by tokie e on January 12, 2002 at 13:00:56:

hello..i just recently moved from a rent-controlled apartment in georgia..i advised my land-lord verbally that we are moving(i told her this in mid-december)..so she advised me that i would have to put in a 30-day notice..i said ok..even though we are living month-to-month..we didn't renew our lease..so january 1st i went to the office..no one was there..so i took the notice and put it in the drop box on the 3rd of january..assuming that she received this notice..i got a distubing message on the 7th of january from the land lord that my notice is invalid and i have to give her another notice on february 1st and i would still have to pay jan and feb rent,but i already signed the lease at the new apartment..so now they are telling me that i have an eviction notice and i owe $1300..so i am lost and what my rights are due to my notice was sent 3 days late i get pentalized..please help..a lost renter in georia..tokie

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name