Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Gutter problems-Landlord flooded with excuses

Posted by dj on January 13, 2002 at 17:40:17:

In Reply to: Gutter problems-Landlord flooded with excuses posted by Amy on January 13, 2002 at 00:36:14:

sorry Amy, you are probably making a nusiance of yourself to the landlord, and the landlord OR you can give each other a 30 day notice to vacate.....

Since you are a month to month tenant you really have very very few Legal Rights anywhere in America. Now if you had a real lease then it could be possible to deduct the repairs IF it was making your apartment inhabitable.

;
: I am renting a duplex in Springfield,Oregon. I moved in December 6th,2001. I signed a 6 month lease, and it was up in June of 2001. Now it is month to month. I pay rent to a property manager. Last spring the property managers sent out a letter saying they would be out to all their properties within 2 months time to replace or fix the gutters, and if you have gutters in bad shape, to call them so they could put you at the top of their list to be fixed or replaced. NO ONE HAS BEEN OUT YET!!!! I have asked the property manager about it more than 5 times, and she keeps saying, "oh, we will be out soon" and that she would put me down as top priority!!! I said I needed a more specific time frame other than "soon" and she said within a month! Well, it's been 3 months and still nothing! Can I hire someone to fix or replace them, and then turn in the reciept and be reimbursed or have the cost of repairs deducted from my rent?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name