Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Already Jan. 26 - LL hasnt cashed rent check

Posted by Blue Zephyr on January 27, 2002 at 00:27:19:

In Reply to: Already Jan. 26 - LL hasnt cashed rent check posted by john on January 26, 2002 at 19:07:59:

I really don't see what the problem is. The rent is paid when you send the check; if the landlord wants to take his good old time to cash it that's his problem. I don't see how this affects balancing your checkbook - but do of course keep in mind Lilly's comments and always have sufficient funds in the account to cover all checks you have write.

If he's consistenly this late in cashing your checks maybe you'll want to get an account that pays interest ... might earn a few bucks over the course of a year.

: I gave him the rent check Jan. 1 and the month's almost over and he still hasn't deposited it yet... it's a hassle because i always have to keep checking my account to make sure i don't overspend and have a bounced check...is there something i can do about this other than bug him about this cuz i already mentiond this to him.
: thx

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name