Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Get a cat (just kidding)...

Posted by MikeW on January 28, 2002 at 15:13:38:

In Reply to: MICE!!! posted by anzgela on January 28, 2002 at 14:25:48:

Traps are pretty useless. So are cats (but at least their cuddly). All the holes into your apartment need to be sealed. Mice can squeeze through practically any opening. You need to have the exterminator shoot tracking powder (poison) into the walls. This needs to be done building wide and repeatedly. These are really the only things that work. We just went through this in our building. It took a while, but we seem to be rid of the mice.

: Please help if anybody has any experience how to get rid of MICE.
: I live in apartment building (co-op Brooklyn, NY) and we start having mice. I actually saw one. Exterminator came and gave us some glue sticks, but we can not catch all mice in the building. I ask him if they have anything to scare them off from my apartment instead of catching them. He said "no", the other thing he can do is to put poison, but I do not want poison, because I have a baby and the dog, and I do not want dead mouse lying somewhere in the hole and smelling.
: My question is my landlord make exterminator come to the building often (couple times a month), but the only thing they do they give me some glue stripes, is this enough?? It looks like I do extermination myself, can they really look for holes, close it and maybe something else????
: Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name