Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Cats? Harrassment?

Posted by Roxanne on February 04, 2002 at 10:43:54:

I have been living at my apartment for almost 2 years now, and my lease is up in August...
When I first moved in, I agreed to my landlord that I wouldn't have any pets, and I didn't for a while. Then, I brought a beautiful cat into my home. The landlord called me at work sometime after 3 months and told me that my cat was seen in the window and that I was not allowed to have it. I told him I was catsitting, and that I would no longer have her in my home...and that's exactly what I did. Then out of the need to have an animal companion, I got another kitten. The reason for this is because there are definitely other tenants in this building with animals. I have seen plenty of cats in the window and a woman with a dog who walks in and out of the apartment freely...so obviously there are exceptions.
I am also getting more aggravated at the fact that even before this situation, the landlord calls me at work from time to time and accuses me of having people come in all hours of the night (which I dont, but even if I did, it's none of his business) And that I have teenagers running around the building. He also tried to say that I had someone living with me (which is my boyfriend who stays with me often). I honestly feel that I am being discriminated because of my age and because of my boyfriend's race.
The way he found the cat was that the super found my garbage with kitty litter and my mail. Wouldn't that be found wrong in a court of law - that he went through my mail and trash? Can I get evicted? Help!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name