Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Cats? Harrassment?

Posted by TenantNet on February 04, 2002 at 17:05:25:

In Reply to: Re: Cats? Harrassment? posted by me again on February 04, 2002 at 16:22:08:

: i didn't miss the point on visitors, i qualified my response in saying about the loud stomping and knocking, so i said the same thing you just did.

Except you made inferences from the poster's message. She has a right to visitors, period. (except in a few situations like a rooming house or SRO which has curfews or house rules).

: this part will probably get sticky, because you were notified once to get rid of the cat, and you did, so you have acknowledged that you are not permitted to have one.

That's not what it's about (nor is it about what is fair or unfair as the posted said to us in a private email). It's about the law. Most leases require notices to be in writing, so much for a phone call. Moreso (and off the top of my head), the pet law three months requires the LL to actually commence a holdover within three months, not simply object. But I may be wrong on that last point -- would need to check it.

: how do you 'openly and notoriously' keep a kitten?

Have the super come into the unit to repair something -- there are ways.

: also, the assumption that all posters to this board are in NYC is probably flawed. many posters lately have been from around the country, where NYC law is practically laughed at.

Which is why it was qualified. The notice will be there when we move to the new software (soon).

: maybe you should make the little blurb about putting in your city/state in a little larger type?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name