Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: LL is threatening eviction after partner moved in

Posted by yippee1999 on February 06, 2002 at 16:05:56:

In Reply to: Re: LL is threatening eviction after partner moved in posted by Gregg on February 06, 2002 at 14:48:17:

Yippee1999 is not a LL, and has no reason to mislead anyone. I also cannot be "misinformed", if all I gave was my OPINION. However, I AM someone who has a logical sense of how the law should work. As stated, I can completely understand why a LL would have concern if a person with whom they have NO OFFICIAL AGREEMENT is suddenly living in THEIR property. What if the two tenants have a falling out? What if the first person then moves out, leaving the second person to cover all the rent? What if this person then decides not to pay the rent? What recourse does the LL have if they have no legal contract with this person? The point is, there are any number of scenarios that could come up, and if you were a landlord having to pay the bank every month, I would think that you too would want to protect your own interests. It's just common sense.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name