Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roommate horror story

Posted by me again on February 07, 2002 at 10:12:51:

In Reply to: Re: Roommate horror story posted by TenantNet on February 07, 2002 at 02:28:11:

: No, when any post gets deleted, it's because it violates our policies, which you know.

your policies are so vague, they're non-existent.

you call it trolling, i call it truth, reality and responsibility.
as soon as the person taking in the roommate accepted cash for rent, they became an effective landlord, with all the rights (practically none), and all the responsibilities (eek!) of the landlord.
they now have to go through the full legal process as a landlord would, and will be treated as the the landlord would be treated in a landlord/tenant dispute (read: like trash, that greedy, evil landlord).
whether you agree with the attitude or not, richard (and blue zephyr for that matter) many times have valid points, and your decision to ban them, (or me for that matter), does nothing to help your readers understand their rights and responsibilities, it simply proliferates the 'the handle on my kitchen cabinet broke, so i'm not paying rent' attitude. end of thread.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name