Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: the original me

Posted by doggedout on February 20, 2002 at 14:24:15:

In Reply to: Riders to lease. posted by doggedout on February 17, 2002 at 20:41:42:

i already went to trial, and i represented myself. now i need to write a memoramdom of law and i need past cases or laws that pertain to losing money orders and raising of preferncial rent so i can prove my case. at this point a lawyer will not do any good because i don't have the trial notes and most lawyers will not assist in a memoramdom of law because it is frowned upon. any information at this point would be appreciated.

: My landlord is trying to raise my rent due to a money order getting lost in the mail in November. They have two seperate riders to the lease one stating penalties would be a rent increase to the stabilized amount of about 1500.00/month if rent was not received before the tenth of the month, and one stating the penalty would be a 50.00 late pay for each month the rent was late. I sent them a copy of the money order stubs, which they did not accept in good faith, and I put a stop pay and re-issue on the money order, which would take 60 days. Is there any law that protects me with this issue. I have already gone to trial without the assistance of a lawyer and am due to write a memoranda of law by Feb. 22nd. No lawyer will help and I need some laws to back up my argument. All my rent is paid up for that month and Dec., Jan., and Feb. but they still want lawyer fees and increase in rent. I am in need of help........

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name