Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Where to complain about NOISE?

Posted by Leo on February 21, 2002 at 13:38:24:

I rent an apartment uptown, on Riverside Drive. The management of the building is bad. To get any kind of repair I have to call the complaint bureau, otherwise the management does not do a thing. Now, the complaint bureau does not accept noise complaints, and I have one: the super turned the building into a playground for his grandkid and their friends. The children run all over the building, screaming on the staircases, play ball in the basement, where the laundry room is. The building is split into two parts by a service entrance, and my windows face that open space. Of course, the children play right under my windows, while they are not even supposed to be there (actually the neighborhood is very nice with one huge park, three playgrounds, and a baseball field by Hudson River). The management won't do a thing, since they like the super. I cannot call the complaint bureau. What do I do? Where do I complain about something like this? Sorry for rather long story, it is a cry for help.
Thanks a lot.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name