Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Upper neighbor's free-loading off government!

Posted by Sick and Tired of free-loaders! on February 28, 2002 at 10:51:31:

Hello Tenantnet, Do I ever need some advice! I live in Suffolk County, in the town of Riverhead, and have been renting this two-family home since 1993. The problem I am having is that the new tenants upstairs...they do NOT work! They are on the Section 8 Certificate Program, plus they are on Social Service's....but thats not the problem. She has her "boyfriend" living with her, who works off the books, and therefore contibutes to her well-being. So, does she have a right to have this guy live with her,and still recieve her free rent and free food stamps every month, while my family has to work to pay for our rent and our food bill???
My husband & I have asked the Housing Authority and Social Services, but they said that she is a "grown women", and as long as there are NO children involved, she can do as she pleases. Any advice right now would be helpful...this guy is a druggie, and WE have small children! And please don't tell us to move or re-locate...we have been here almost 10 years, and we love our home! Thank you!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name