Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Lawsuit the only alternative now?

Posted by AL on February 28, 2002 at 10:52:13:

In Reply to: Lawsuit the only alternative now? posted by ML on February 26, 2002 at 10:31:35:

Depending on when you filed the complaint with DHCR, you might be able to file a Petition for Administrative Review. A PAR must be filed within 33 days of the DHCR order.

If the PAR is denied, the matter may then be addressed before the Supreme Court pursuant to Article 78.

Also, as to your being the Tenant Association leader and experiencing retaliation, the Real Property Law Section 223-b prohibits landlords from harassing or retaliating against tenants who exercise their rights. It says that tenants may collect damages from landlords who violate this law.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name