Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I find out when my building was built or converted?

Posted by Cranky Tenant on February 28, 2002 at 11:28:54:

In Reply to: How do I find out when my building was built or converted? posted by matt on February 25, 2002 at 17:51:01:

Most likely there's some newer regulation regarding locked front doors and bells or intercom systems since just about every residential building in the city now has them.

Regardless of when your building was built or converted, a buzzer system was provided when you moved in. Failure to maintain this system is a decrease in services. If the apartment is rent stabilized, you should request a repair in writing.Send it certified mail and keep a copy for yourself Then if the repair isn't completed within 10 days you should file a complaint with DHCR.

: I live in an Upper West Side brownstone. My landlord has disconnected the buzzer so everytime someone comes I have to walk down four flights of stairs to let them in. I see that she is required to have a buzzer if the building was built or coverted after 1/1/68. How can I find out when my building was built or converted? Any resources online -- would like to avoid a trip to a government office to look through files!! Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name