Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Former landlord gone, new landlord unknown.

Posted by Israel Zayas on January 06, 1997 at 20:53:44:

In Reply to: Re: Former landlord gone, new landlord unknown. posted by Israel Zayas on November 29, 1996 at 21:21:48:

Hon. Bruce M. Kramer
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201

Re: L & T Index No. 99527/96
Address: 79 South 8th Street
Apt.#3
Brooklyn, New York 11211

Dear Judge Kramer,

On November 12th, 1996, you ordered the owner of the above premises to make certain repairs within 30 days following your decision & order. It appears that the owner, petitioner, in the above indexed case, has failed to comply with that order within the time period set forth in that order.

In addition, the owner or his representative requested a final judgement and warrant for our eviction on December 2nd, 1996 for reasons unknown to us, the respondent. A warrant was issued to a Marshal Roger E. Hammer on December 12th, 1996 and on December 30th, 1996 we, respondent, became aware of the warrant. That day you have made a phone call to the marshals office stopping the warrant.

Question:
If the petitioner received payment within the specified date in full.
1) why did the owner, petitioner, requested a final judgement and warrant for eviction?
2) If the owner, petitioner, was sincere about his burden in collecting rent money, why is the owner trying to evict us, respondent, before completing repairs?
3) And if the building was in fact registered with the City of New York Housing Preservation and Development, why is the Department of Housing Preservation and Development still claiming to this day that the building is not registered?

Note: During the trial I insisted the information received from the Department of Housing Preservation and Development was correct. That the building was purchased in the middle of August, 1996 and their application for registration was rendered null and void because of errors and omissions, this is the reason for the missing raised seal during the case, also a Letter of Compliance was denied to the owner of the above premises, because of 79+ violations in the building.

I am therefore requesting this matter be investigated further to benefit future tenants without lawyers, from legal entanglements. At this time I can’t estoppel the landlord lease, and after paying $1500.00 to the petitioner, my problem within this building is not over. The petitioner successfully won hold over proceedings against two other tenants, and because of the urgency for my eviction, the owner, petitioner, attempted to illegally remove us, respondent, from the premises. It would serve us best if this case was investigated further for fraud. In my quest to find answers for this case I discovered the landlord, petitioner, was on Welfare a year ago, applied for low-income housing, and his wife (who at the trial claimed to be a friend) is currently on Welfare. So I am seeking the help from other departments to end this problem.

Sincerely,

cc:
Administrative Judge, NYC Civil Court. Israel Zayas
Attorney General’s Office.
Department of Housing Preservation and Development.
Housing Court Advisory Council.
NYC Bar Association’s Judiciary Committee.
Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez.
Senator Nellie Santiago.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name