Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Rider on Lease Renewal???

Posted by Grace Testani on March 09, 1997 at 13:01:16:

Dear NY Tenants:

I'm not sure if you are thee right people to ask (if you are not, please direct me to the right agency-thanks).

My lease is up for renewal on April 30th. I have lived here since 1980. We (the tenants) have just recv'ed an MCI rent increase attached to the rent (in Jan for Nov & Dec and Jan).

When the LL sent the lease, he included a rider which says:

###
"The following rider should be attached to and made part of any lease executed for vacancy or renewal.
RIDER FOR PENDING MCI APPLICATION
Rider attached to and forming part of the lease dated 12/12/96 between ______ (and this is left blank) agents for the landlord, and _______ (my last name here) for apt # ___ (my apt # here) located in the building at ___ (address here).

DOCKET NUMBER: New Application

This is to inform the tenant that an application for a rent increase based on an application for a Major Capital Improvement or Hardship Adjustment is pending before the New York State Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR). The tenant is bound by an Order of DHCR for a rent increase based on this pending applications."
###

It is not signed by anyone nor is it dated -- it just says the landlord's company name .

MY QUESTION: Is this legal to add such a general rider? And Not indicate which docket number we're talking about? Specially since I just got a rent increase because of an MCI award to the landlord?

How should I handle this?

Thanks for your help.

Grace
Manhattan

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name