Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Boycott us ? ho-hum (yawn)

Posted by Jay on June 23, 1997 at 02:34:10:

Boycott Upstate ny? that's funny! we probably wouldn't notice, you guys in NYC are so wrapped up in your
own little problems, you didn't happen to notice that your favorite(sarcasm) governor,Paturkey, recently
had to be subdued by other politicians from do much the same thing to us, only he used the equivalent to
military force.In case you didn't know about it, Paturkey sent his henchmen, the NY STate troopers out to
the senaca indian reservation to ensure that the indians didn't get shipments of gasoline, cigarettes, etc.
thereby violating treaties and destroying local economy.
Upstate New Yorkers have been long frustrated by new york cities ability
to outvote us in elections, While I can't speak for others,I can speak for myself, I used to raise rabbits
for meat, and I spoke to a processor in NYC he offered a better than average price, but he also said don't come
at night, don't come alone, and come armed. so we shipped to Lancaster PA.
the end result would be we would just ship elswhere.
On the other side of the coin,what would happen if we boycotted nyc?
I suggest that those thinking of this boycott rethink the idea the farmers and businessmen of upstate ny are not the enemy,
in fact we are experiencing many of the same problems that you are.
I found this website while surfing looking for a solution to unenforcable clauses in land sales contracts in upstate ny.
you have rental problems,we have them too, on top off that we,ve got just about every real estate scam in the book going on up here.
I'll confess to not completely understanding what the problem is,but I saw
a posting where somebody said that 2 bucks a square ft. rental was reasonable is he nuts? that means
this place I live in would rent for about 6,000 bucks a month. I'm in western ny, most people tell all thier friends when they get a job
if it pays over 6 bucks an hour, they start going to church,and thank God for miracles, and hope to hell nothing puts them out of the job.
What has happened because of the unfriendly climate for businesses in NY State,many have left.
housing prices in western ny average 4 bedroom house - $450.00 a month if you can find a job good enough to pay for it.
So if it makes you feel better, boycott us,we probably won't notice, but if we do, it'll probably be a good source of laughs.
I think it would be a highly inneffective way of getting support from upstate ny.
hopefully, Pataki won't get voted in again.maybe we will get a governor who is more concerned with with ny's economy and it's peoples well being
don't get me wrong,I do truly sympasize with you on the rental situation,it must be horrible prospect to think that because of some greedy landlord,
someone and there children are sleeping outside tonight. we don't have very many homeless in western ny. why? community teamwork.
these unfair rental problems only exist because you as a community allow it by actually renting from them.If they can't rent it, they'll lower the price,
fix it up, do whatever they have to do to get it back on the market.they do have to pay taxes.if you have a business, move upstate with it.I don't know a lot,
but what would happen if you all got organized, and didn't rent from these jerks?
I've rented a place out from time to time. they pay the rent, I fix what's broke,I make a couple bucks,
life goes on.
boycotting upstates non-existent economy is likely to be met with apathy
and humor by the average person.you might even be doing the small farmer
a favor by putting some of the big corporate farms out of business.
so boycott us. sounds like fun.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name