Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Legal Help Needed - Landlord Seeking Higher Rent

Posted by Mary on April 23, 1997 at 09:52:26:

In Reply to: Legal Help Needed - Landlord Seeking Higher Rent posted by Joe on April 23, 1997 at 01:20:52:

: Our landlord has decided to take 8 tenants in our building to court for
: essentially the same complaint - he feels we are not paying enough rent for
: our apartments in the lower east side and has petitioned the court to
: either raise rents and/or to evict us.
: We have limited resources and thought someone out there may have some ideas
: on how to handle this situation. We are interested in possible paralegal
: assistance; a tenant group that could assist us with court case or
: even a reasonable attorney.
Talk to someone at MFY legal services at 41 Ave. A. Their number is 475-8000. You can also get advice from Met. Council 693-0550. There's also a group called Community Action for Legal Services (431-7200).

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name