Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noisy upstairs

Posted by Claire on November 16, 1997 at 12:28:50:

In Reply to: Noisy upstairs posted by Eddie Brewer on October 28, 1997 at 21:35:54:

I can sympathize with what you are going through and how you feel. I have encountered
similiar upsetting disturbances from my upstairs neighbor. Before you read on, nothing
has been resolved. It seems that unless you have the resources you need, money and expecially
time, there is nothing that can be done. I am still looking for a solution to my annoyance
and the only thing so far I came up with is to eventually (as patience wears off) to go and
break her door down or go to some extreme of some sort. She has a large dog (and eventhough
she insists as well as the landlord that she has carpeting on her floors), the thumping, jumping
and running around by this dog can be clearly heard. At night lying in bed the thumps sound louder,
so my husband and I have resorted to run the fan (even in the winter) since the sound from the noise
muzzles the thumps, and is much bearble to take. We have complained to our landlord shortly after
moving, but we were in turn targeted by imaginary neighbors that we too were making noise that had
to stop. We even went upstairs to her one night but were met with complete rudeness and disregard
for our case. Obviously, these two approaches did not work for us. We have been in our apt 2 yrs,
and basically we try to tolerate it (we bang our ceiling with a baseball bat at night now and then).
However, my husband and I have decided that revenge will be sweet when we move out. Wish you luck, and
I will continue to view your replies in the event there is some answer that can benefit myself as well.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name