Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Mariel on December 25, 1997 at 02:32:50:

In Reply to: NEED SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! posted by jeff gavitt on December 23, 1997 at 21:14:31:

: After living at a residence for eight years,I find myself being screwed by the landlord and by the so called justice system of Troy n.y. During this period
: I lived in a house in which the ceiling leaks ,stove does not work properly
: there is no working heating system and many other problemes.After many
: attempts of contacting the landlord,(in which he fixed nothing ) i fixed these problems myself.This situation became so bad that code enforcement was contacted and inspected the residence in which they reported many violations,still nothing was done.After several court apperences in which the judge ruled the landlord to have repaires done in thirty days,nothing was done.This caused Social Services to withhold rent until repairs were fixed and still to this day nothing is fixed.Until today I thought i had some rights,but today a substituting judge which never dealt with my case before ruled that i have ten days to move out and pay back payment to my landlord which social services has witheld due to code violations my writen lease does not end until octoeber and i am being forced homeless with to children for chirstmas,What can i do?

Call Legal Aid in Troy (or the nearest location that has legal aid) and get a lawyer immediately. If you are poor, you should be able to get help for free.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name