Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Does a landlord have the right to refuse an walk-through when a tenant moves?

Posted by Amy on January 14, 1998 at 12:25:21:

In Reply to: Does a landlord have the right to refuse an walk-through when a tenant moves? posted by Sue Borer on January 14, 1998 at 12:18:28:

: Hi! I live in California and haven't been able to find an answer to my question on any of the websites I've visited, so I'm hoping someone in cyberspace can help me. :-) I've rented a condo for over 5 years and have always had a good landlord-tenant relationship. Up until I gave notice that I plan on moving, that is. Suddenly, my landlords are not returning my phone calls regarding setting up a time to go through the place after I clean it and to give them back their keys. I finally reached him and he is adamantly *refusing* to look at the place with me when I move. He said to mail him the keys and he'd look at it and then "get back to me." I have a $600 deposit that I am sure that this person intends on keeping. At this point, I feel like I'm being set up for a $600 fall. Can anyone help here?

Have you paid your last months rent, yet? In a similar situation I
stopped payment on my last rent check and told the landlord to keep
the deposit as last month's rent. I also took photographs of the entire
place before I moved out in case I have to prove there was no
damage. My situation is not entirely resolved yet, so I don't know
what legal repurcussions my actions will have, but I'm willing to fight it out.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name