Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

CO-resident wants his FL-landlord to pay dep. back

Posted by Steven Wens on January 30, 1998 at 20:30:51:

In May '97 I moved out my FL appartment to better opportunities in CO. The landlord inspected the appartment before I moved out, and said she would send the money within 2 weeks.
It's now much later. I never recieved anything, neither did I receive a claim for damage and/or cleaning. Everytime I call her she gives me another reason why she didn't pay me back :
- No lease signed ; she neglected to give me one, I only have the one of the broker.
- place was dirty, flees all over ; the garden was full of racoons and opossums, and she neglected to spray, ignoring my advice.

The main reason I think is that she believes I won't take the effort to sue her in the small courts. Believing that I won't be able to get refunded for travel expenses and/or lawyer costs.

My question : What can and should I do, what can I reclaim from costs I make (or should I plan my next holiday in FL). Can I demand punitive damages and lost interests ?

Steven

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name