Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Month to Month lease?

Posted by Sherry on January 31, 1998 at 11:57:37:

In Reply to: Month to Month lease? posted by Colleen D. on January 18, 1998 at 14:37:24:

: I just moved from Michigan to Florida, and my years lease was up in Nov. 1997, but while still living in Michigan for the month of December, they had me sign a month to month lease.( Which I thought Michigan law states that after a lease is up, it automatically turns into a month to month agreement?) I was not able to give a 30 days notice and my move out date was Dec. 31, 1997. My old land lord has my move out date written down as January 5, 1998 and is now charging me for the month of January, when in fact they told me I needed to vacate the premises on Dec.31st at noon. (Which I did) What I need to know is why I'm being charged rent on an apartment that I was told to vacate at a specific time and date?? Just what is month to month lease, and how does it work differently from a years lease?
: I just don't feel that it's right for me to have to pay rent on an apartment I no longer live in. What are my rights??? Please help!!

If you were moving to FLA and you vacated when you say you did, chances are
you would have gas receipts (if you drove) or other proof of when you left.
If he's charging you, then just don't pay it and tell him in writing
that this is a scam you won't succumb to.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name