Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: MY LANDLORD WON'T PUT IN A NEW COUNTER!

Posted by William Rowen on February 12, 1998 at 00:43:04:

In Reply to: Re: MY LANDLORD WON'T PUT IN A NEW COUNTER! posted by William Rowen on February 12, 1998 at 00:40:50:

: : : For months I have been hounding my landlord
: : : to install an additonal counter top.
: : : He promised he would but he his contractor has not shown up three times already. Making my husband and I
: : : lose days at work and basically becom frustrated. What can I do?
: : : I want my counter, but his contractor is unreliable and he refuses
: : : to use someone else. this has been going on for 5 months!!
: : : HELP!

: : Ask him if he wants his rent in five months.

: If you are relying on the landlord's oral promise, you probably can't force him to perform. In any case, many landlords say one thing to lead you on, and do another. Your power is in using the law as you can to force him to perform.

: If the law is not on your side because you can not absolutely prove his promise, find something wrong in your apartment or building and tell the landlord that you will complain to the proper authorities and cost him a lot of time and money if he doesn't live up to his promise.

: That's matching his power with yours. If you are not willing to get tough with him, save yourself a lot of heartache and install your own counter. That's what the landlord thinks you'll do.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name