Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Advice on Noise

Posted by Phyllis on March 25, 1998 at 16:04:03:

In Reply to: Advice on Noise posted by NC on March 17, 1998 at 12:14:56:

: On Sunday, I moved into a 2nd floor apartment of a private home. As I was moving in, the landlords were having a fight downstairs and each word could be
: heard clearly (including the curses). Noises of daily living can be heard very clearly, even a sneeze from downstairs with my television on fairly loudly.
: In addition, there are carpenter ants crawling on the walls, and the tub drain was clogged. The apartment seems inhabitable, and neither the prior tenant nor
: the broker told me anything about this (even though I asked). I want out and told my broker that the day after I moved in.
: Any suggestions on handling the broker and the landlords?
: Thanks!

I, too, am having problems with an in considerate neighbor. He plays his stereo 24 hours a day (even when he is not there), not excessively loud but constantly. The walls are paper thing
and I hear an constant thump, thump, thump from the base all night long. I have been told that he has the right to play his music until 11:00 p.m. (I live in
Queens, NY). What are my rights in this siutation?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name