Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent for RS Apt has increased fr. $175 - $850 in 10years?

Posted by MikeW on April 14, 1998 at 11:47:03:

In Reply to: Rent for RS Apt has increased fr. $175 - $850 in 10years? posted by Gina on April 11, 1998 at 12:28:31:

Contact DHRC, and get the official rent history (it sounds like you may have done this already). They should also be able to give you the allowable increase % for the periods in question. They should also be able to tell you if any MICs were added to the rent. If the rent is over what it should be, you could probably pursue an overcharge complaint with the DHRC and/or in housing court.

: How do you know if you have been over charged. This apt "ain't" no palace.
: The significant increases were made in the 1980's, jumping from $200 to $600 between 1988 and 1989. By 1993 it was $800!! Then it went from $824, $906 to it's current rent $942. The last lease was signed in 1996. (Actually it was never provided by the landlord even though the city says the lease is in our name.) Is this a case worth pursuing for possible rent overcharge.

: This is a rent stabilized apartment in very poor repair.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name