Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Assignment of Lease to new Landlord.

Posted by Israel on April 16, 1998 at 16:24:24:

In Reply to: Assignment of Lease to new Landlord. posted by Derek on April 05, 1998 at 12:13:58:

The issue of an illegal apartment is not a problem. You rent as everyone else do. You have a lease and have left a security deposit. If the landlord doesn't give you your security deposit back take the landlord to small claims court (or as other have done, don't pay the last months rent).

The illegal apartment becomes an issue when you want to stay.

: I am currently living in an apartment in a 2 family house - by the way, my apartment is illegal (which I was not aware of when I moved in and the apartment was rented through a certified broker!) Recently, the present landlord sold the house and the new owners will be moving in upstairs in about 1 week. My current landlord has assigned my lease and security deposit to the buyer. I have given the required notice to vacate and am concerned about getting my security deposit back. I am leaving the apartment in execellent condition. What can I do???

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name