Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Numerous violations, fire hazards, and fires in this building.

Posted by Lilly on April 25, 1998 at 13:20:41:

I live in a 6 unit rent stabilized walk up building. THere is a commercial space on the main floor. The only way into the basement is throught the commercial space with has retail hours, 10 to 5:00. If there is ever a problem in the basement , there is no access to it until the following business day. The boiler breaks down a lot, wae have been out of hot water a4 times this season. Usually on the weekends, and can not get any hot water until the time the store opens because there is no other access. THere have been 5 fires in the past 4 months all coming from the basement. There are a lot of violations in this building. I am afraid one day I come home to nothing but ashes and whatever else. The landlord does not seem to care enought to do anything about the fires. It seems weired that this building's landlord seems to be getting away with all these violations. I have no idea who to contact or what my rights are. It seem to me there are numerous violations. Garbage, lighting, cleanliness, fmany many fire hazards, too much heat when not needed, no heat or hot water when needed. PLEASE HELP> WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS> Or at least where can I research th is subject.
Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name