Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord is a peeping tom.

TenantNet posted in the TenantNet Conference Area

Dated : May 24, 1998 at 22:20:59
Subject: Re: Landlord is a peeping tom.

: I live in Greenpoint in Brooklyn and have an intensly nosy landlord who lives one floor above me. The building is an old brownstone and this is a floorthrough. Last month I had friends visiting me from France for a week, the first day they were here he asked me "How long are your friends going to stay?" more than once has he given this tone often trying to accuse me of having extra roomates. The only way he would have know I had these visitors is by looking in the windows. The other night I came home about two thirty in the morning and got into bed. Fifteen minutes later I hear the front door open and I see the landlord outside peering in my window. He then comes back in buzzes the door untill he wakes up my roomate. He then spends five minutes screaming at my roomate that we slammed the front door too loud.....as if his ranting wasn't going to wake up the building and the other neighbors. I like to keep the windows and curtains open, but now I feel voilated all the time. Can I complain to the police? Am I biting off my own hand? My roomate told him to get away the other night before we call the police but this just seems out of control. Any suggestions? Call the police and have them explain the facts of life to the landlord. If it happens again, file a criminal complaint. Keep a dairy in case the owner retaliates. Can you get a photo of him watching you?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name