Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

verbal agreement to pay all utilities

Posted by Hal on June 25, 1998 at 09:03:16:

i just moved into a stabilized building but my apartment is getting fair market value. The other units are either rent controlled or stabilized. Each unit (there are 5 in the building) has its own hot water heater in the apartment for individual hot water and baseboard heat. I had a verbal agreement with the landlord to pay all utilities. The lease that I signed neglected to include that agreement and in fact states that landlord shall supply heat and hot water. Now the landlord wants me to sign a rider to modify that part of the lease and state "as per our agreement, you will pay all charges for heat and hot water to your apartment". I got my first gas bill and my question is: Despite a verbal agreement, isnt the landlord supposed to supply hot water? Each unit is metered separately for gas.

I like this place but I hope my ignorance hasn't betrayed me. What are my options? What do I pay and what does the landlord pay?

Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name