Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Thank You David Hoffman!

Posted by Mary Bruce on July 24, 1998 at 08:53:35:

In Reply to: Re: having to move due to apt. changing to tax credit in VA. posted by David Hoffman on July 23, 1998 at 12:20:34:

: If the landlord is willing and legally able to let you stay according to the lease you signed you are stuck with staying or following the lease early termination process and policy. You can try to negotiate to get out of it but I would bet the landlord will delay and stall so much you will end up spending the same amount as if you just follow the lease provisions.
: Hiring a lawyer will just eat up any money you save by getting out of paying the early termination penalty. If I were you I'd pay the penalty and get out before things get really bad in your apartment complex. Any landlord who has to go to tax credit is in deep trouble financially and the building is headed for neglect of the worst kind.

David Hoffman, thank you very much for the information/advice. My mind is now made up, we are definitely moving, regardless.
Again, thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name