Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: (Must provide more info)

Posted by TenantNet on August 02, 1998 at 14:37:22:

In Reply to: Re: (Must provide more info) posted by gerry on August 01, 1998 at 13:07:46:

: We live in Manhatten. The building is a co-op. We rent from the
: sponser. The apartment is not rent controlled or stabilized.
: DHCR were unable to assist me with any legal info. What I need to
: know is, can the landlord force me to leave? Does he have to take
: me to court? How long does that procedure take, etc. etc.

If a coop, then it would not be RS and they can end the lease. But you
both agreed on an extension, so you can hold them to it. Yes, they
can take you to court, but that might take a month or so. If it
appears they will take you to court, then you may wish to pay the
old rent as they haven't lived up to their end of the bargain. What
you are seeking is enough time to get out and find a new place.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name