Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Georgia-Security Deposit

Posted by Melissa on August 28, 1998 at 12:42:47:

In Reply to: Georgia-Security Deposit posted by Yancy Riddle on August 24, 1998 at 16:18:36:

: A former landlord of mine has decided to wrongfully deduct a large portion of my security deposit. Does anyone know who to contact in Atlanta, or in general, regarding this matter?

Put your claim in writing and include photographs that document your position (keep copies for your records). If you have pictures that show that you left the rental unit clean and undamaged, it will help prove that the landlord is unjustified in withholding a deposit -- and he will know that.
If your letter and photographs don't resolve the problem, you can go to small claims court, which is a very simple process. Most states allow tenants to receive substantial additional damages from the landlord if a deposit is illegally or unjustly withheld. Landlords usually know that too.

Also check out this link for information on security deposit law in Georgia:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name