Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Is it possible to get back the brokers fee?

Posted by Liz on September 24, 1998 at 10:40:15:

I rented an apartment in Forest Hills through a broker. When I actually got the keys from the landlord and looked at the apartment it was roach infested and left in an unliveable state by the previous tenant. I went to the ower who offered to either fix the apartment or return my money. I opted to not take the apartment and the owner returned all the money and I gave back the keys. The realty company however refuses to give me my money back, despite the fact that I did not take the apartment. They are giving me the run around that they feel *really* bad, but it's against the law to return their fee. Is there really such a law? The owner has repeatedly called the realty compant as well to try and get my money back, but they gave him the same story. (he has since relisted the apartment with a new brojer) I've looked through the paperwork I signed with the realty company, and nowhere does it say that they are under legal obligation not to return a fee. What should I do? Please help! I need that money to find a new apartment!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name